You’re excited about the prospect of creating your new Facebook Business Page BUT you don’t want to lose all the “friends” you’ve made on your personal Profile page. You don’t want to start from scratch and I don’t blame you! Well now there is a way you can KEEP all your “friends” AND move them over to your new Facebook business Page!
It’s easy to do. Just follow these steps. Read through the entire article BEFORE you start the process.
- Log into your Facebook personal account.
- In a new window or tab of your browser, go to this URL: http://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php?migrate
- This is the Facebook Migrate page.
- Select the kind of Page you want to set up.
- Keep in mind that all the posts and other info in your personal page will be GONE in your new business Page. You’ll ONLY keep your “friends” as “fans” on your new business Page.
- You MAY be able to import your Wall posts from your old personal page if you FIRST download them via this link: http://www.facebook.com/help/?page=18830
- Once your new Page is created, you will be able to login with your old username and password.
- Your old personal profile will no longer exist BUT you’ll get to keep your fabulous friends as fans AND you get to have the fun of setting up your new Business Page. YAY!